Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Magic Kingdom










The "happiest place on Earth" was just that.  We had a blast - for lack of better terms.  Here's the play by play:

1.  Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - really fun, Nicky's fav. of the day
2.  Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club - really funny interactive show, Nicky was bored
3.  Astro Orbiter - more fun than it looked, I was really dizzy
4.  Indy Speedway - the boys drove Indy cars and Dad and I rode along for a really bumpy ride. I told Jack that he is for sure not ready for a driver's license.
5.  Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - cool walk, but I don't think the boys have any idea about Swiss Family Robinson, will have to read the book to them this summer.
6.  Street show with Jack Sparrow himself - boys loved it and so did Mom (for other reasons though, the guy looked just like Johnny Depp)
7.  Pirates of the Caribbean - fun ride, on the way in a cast member sang happy birthday to Jack, Nicky rode with his head between his legs, too afraid to peek.
8.  Haunted Mansion - loved it, especially when the ghost rides in the chair with you
9.  It's a Small World - iconic Disney ride, Jack took a million pictures
10.  Space Mountain (B&J)/Astro Orbiter(S&N) - Jack rode his first roller coaster and LOVED it!  Nicky and I did the Orbiter again and I was dizzy again
11.  Buzz Lightyear - again!  What can we say - we love Buzz!
12.  Splash Mountain - WOW.  We got soaked!  Wish we had done it in the heat of the day but still really run!  Our longest wait of the day - 1 hour!
13.  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Nicky's first rollercoaster.  Loved it so much we did it twice.
14.  Peter Pan's Flight - cute ride
15.  Caught the night time parade and headed to the store for birthday cake and candles, back to the condo for cake just in time as Jack's birthday was almost over.  

All day the boys would privately whisper to us how much fun we were having and thanking us for bringing them.  It was really sweet.  

Cute quotes from the day:

Nicky:  "My walking feet hurt."
Jack:  "Dad, I didn't fill up your water bottle because someone was washing his hands in the drinking fountain."
Brian:  "I'm never drinking out of those things again!  Kristi was right!"


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for sharing the cute pictures and quotes. Your blog has become my daily ray of sunshine after my subway and bus trek to work (kind of like a reality-based theme park ride). I hope you continue to have a wonderful time in the magic kingdom. Happy birthday to Jack and my love to all.

Best,
Aunt Betsy

Kristi said...

Brian - I told you so! (-:

Kristi said...

Jack and Nicky - I want to see more pictures of princesses and castles (your last pic was my favorite)! Lauren

Kristi said...

Jack & Nicky - Send more pictures of the roller coasters! I wish I could have driven the Indy cars with you, I hope you beat Uncle Brian. What was Space Mountain like? Send me a postcard. Conor

Sandy said...

Great update... thanks for sharing all the pictures. I thought that was Johnny Depp! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Family, I almost feel like I am with you!!!! I wish I was there. Jack you look great in the Indy car and Nicky I loved the picture with Buzz, I think that is his name. Have a great time and we will talk tonight. Mom and Grandma