Monday, May 26, 2008

The Weekend

Cuddling With My Grandma
Dancing to Brule's music
A picture with Brule
Hugging Cousins


Despite the sad events that occurred in my family this weekend we spent some fun time together. Mom and Dad flew in on Wednesday night and left just yesterday.  I'm glad we were all able to be together.  Tragedy really makes you hold close to your family and be ever so thankful for them.  I am pledging to always make sure the people I love the most in this life know exactly how I feel about them - how important they are to me - how much I love them and treasure them!

We celebrated my cousin's daughter's graduation on Friday, ate breakfast at Grandma's Kitchen in Woodland Park Saturday morning,  and went to Territory Days to see my Mom's favorite music group - Brule.  They are a Native American group with great family ties, sending a beautiful message through their music. We were able to talk with the lead singer and then listened to a 30 minute concert.  We finished out the day with dinner at Tim and Robins.  We drove Mom and Dad to the airport yesterday morning - hugging them a bit longer and tighter than usual.  Making the best of a sad situation - that's just what we did.


No comments: