Friday, August 8, 2008

8.8.08

How did you go from this:
 

to this:
 

in the blink of an eye?  As today marked the opening of the Olympic games in Beijing, China, it marked a much more important event in our family, your 5th birthday.  I think #5 is a special one.  It signifies to me the moving from preschooler to big kid.  And that you are.  I'm so proud of you Nicky.  You are my baby and hold such a special place in my heart, one that only the youngest member of any family can hold.  As I think back on your first 5 years of life you have added so much joy to our family.  Your spirit is energetic and passionate.  You do all things with viggor and zest.  You can't stand being told what to do or being held back.  You approach all things with a positive attitude and try your best always.  I shed a small tear this evening because soon you will be a Kindergartener and my time spending all day with you is now over. I can only hope that I have done right by you - given you the tools you need to go forth into this big bright new world.  I do love you so, my beautiful boy.  And even though you can't stand it - you will always be my baby!





No comments: