Nicholas got in trouble in school for not listening which prompted me to set up a hearing test for him. On Tuesday we found out that he has a "significant" hearing loss in his right ear due to the episode from last week. So he's on a steroid for 7 days and hopefully things will begin to get better for him at school. He goes back on the 30th for more tests. In addition the doc signed him up for a sleep study in December because she is suspecting that he may have a bit of sleep apnea and may need his tonsils removed. Stay tuned. On the positive - he had a great soccer game this afternoon - scoring 4 goals for his team and we also received his test scores from school on Thursday and he is doing really well!
Jack continues to love third grade. He is really buckling down and taking his studies seriously which we love to see. He is bringing home mostly A's and B's on his school work! Way to go Jack! He also had a great soccer game today. His team won 5-1 and Jack has really taken an interest in the sport - practicing in the backyard and trying his best on the field. We are glad to see him enjoying school and soccer so much!
Nothing much to report on Brian except he made it out of Mexico safely and had a great reunion with his college friends. And yes I am jealous that he gets to go on a 5 day trip to the beach each year and am looking for interested ladies who would like to go to the beach with me for 5 days! He has become the new chef in our house which is really wonderful - planning delicious and healthy meals for us each night and he also does toilets - who could ask for anything more.
And as for me - well I am sympathizing with Nicholas at the moment as I am trying to get over a double ear infection and a cold. So that beach vacation will have to wait a couple weeks as the doc said I'm not allowed to fly. Guess I need to get that Teacher Immunity built back up after being away for 8 years. The pain is gone thanks to some good antibiotics and vicoden but unfortunately, I, like Nicholas, am having limited hearing in my right ear - especially when people are tattling, arguing, or asking me to do something I'm not in the mood to do! (HaHa) I am still loving my decision to go back to work though. It's been a really easy transition for us and to have every night of the week free is heaven! We've really reconnected as a family - spending more time together - all four of us.
OK there you have it until next time which hopefully will be sooner that 1 whole week.
3 comments:
Hi, Even though we talk almost every day I love reading your blog!!!! Love Mom
Thanks so much for the update. I love reading your posts as well.
I agre with your Mom and Aunt Betsy. Your blog makes me feel that I talk you and you wonderful family all the time. You sure do lead a very interesting life. Take care NASCAR fans.
Love Aunt Pat
Post a Comment