Happy Halloween!

Thursday night was our annual pumpkin carving party. The kids designed the faces, Jack and I scooped the goop, and Brian did all the fancy carving. I must say I think these were our spookiest pumpkins ever!


Nicholas spent the evening with his nose plugged. He developed an adverse reaction to the smell of pumpkin 3 years ago when he was only three and has not yet outgrown this sensitivity. He will not get within a couple feet of those stinky things during carving time and barely posed for the annual picture afterward.




The boys chose Star Wars themed costumes this year dressing up as Darth Vader, the dark lord of the sith, and Boba Fet, the bounty hunter hired by the Galatic Empire and Jabba the Hut to track down and capture Han Solo and Chewbacca. I have to say that these two did a great job getting into character this year:
Watch out Hollywood! We trick-or-treated for the first time with our cousins Conor and Lauren, believe it or not. The kids really had the best time EVER! We've decided that this must be a new tradition for our families! As for the adults - I'd have to say that it will go down as one of our most memorable Halloweens too, as the weather was a perfect 50 degrees (usually we are so bundled up that we can all barely move from the layers and the freeezing cold.) We loved watching the kids run around the neighboorhood and then ended the evening with friends at a post trick-or-treating soiree.




One final picture of Jack - he fell asleep at the counter doing his breathing treatment - priceless!



No comments:
Post a Comment