We've never really been formal about jobs or chores around our house. Lately the boys have really been wanting to earn an allowance so I set up a weekly job chart and job jars for them. They are earning $0.05 per job, per day which equals $3.50 a week. I have been to the bank for rolls and rolls of nickels and dollars. I am going to pay them in advance (a little reverse psychology if you may) and if a daily job is not complete or if disrespect arises then out comes a nickel. Whatever is left on Saturday night is theirs to keep. We'll see how it goes. In addition to the job jars I also made them three banks for sorting the allowance they earn each week - one for saving, one for sharing with those in need, and one for spending!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Jobs
We've never really been formal about jobs or chores around our house. Lately the boys have really been wanting to earn an allowance so I set up a weekly job chart and job jars for them. They are earning $0.05 per job, per day which equals $3.50 a week. I have been to the bank for rolls and rolls of nickels and dollars. I am going to pay them in advance (a little reverse psychology if you may) and if a daily job is not complete or if disrespect arises then out comes a nickel. Whatever is left on Saturday night is theirs to keep. We'll see how it goes. In addition to the job jars I also made them three banks for sorting the allowance they earn each week - one for saving, one for sharing with those in need, and one for spending!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment