Although I have several entries to add up to now I wanted to write tonight. It is our last evening of summer vacation. Although I've been back to work since last week, tonight still has that special feel to it. The boys enjoyed the day with their cousins and I spent the day preparing for my new batch of 1st Graders. And now the boys are clean, the clothes are laid out, the lunches made. When tucking them in I asked if they were excited. Jack said he just can't wait for 4th grade. He said he knows he's going to have a great year. As for Nicholas, well, he asked me if there would be more school after tomorrow. To which I replied yes. Then he said how long will school be. To which I replied that it will go until next summer. And he says, "You're kidding, right?" I told him I was not kidding and he just sighed. Let's hope the poor boys survives first grade.
I just hung up with my favorite teammate and friend - Jen - who has shared several back to school nights with me through our 10+ year friendship. We both share the same excitement for this evening and for what tomorrow holds.
As an added treat Grandma Dean called just before bed to wish us all good luck. The boys had smiles ear to ear talking to her. And me too!
It's going to be a great year!
1 comment:
Have a great first day back! May 2009-2010 be your BEST school year ever :)
Post a Comment