Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 47/365 - Heimlich Maneuver


Today's photo is of the Heimlich Maneuver. Last week I took a CPR and First Aid class. Never thinking I would need my skills learned so soon. Today after school I was working in my classroom when Nicholas comes running to me holding his neck. He could not speak and his lips were turning blue. He was choking on an orange! I quickly did the maneuver on him, he threw up all over my classroom floor and then was just fine. So thankful I knew what to do. So thankful my little guy is ok! Would highly recommend CPR and first aid to all. An invaluable skill.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow... that's scary. Must have been fate that you just finished the class last week.

Katy said...

Wow, that is AMAZING! I was just showing the kids the Heimlich Maneuver last week (part of our study of the respiratory system)... I can't even imagine it actually being needed! But so thankful that you were there and knew what to do!! You've probably never been so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to clean up vomit!