Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't Take Life Too Seriously

As I was reading The Faith Club last night I found myself thinking about life in general.  The ladies in the book have really overcome their differences and found a way to appreciate each other.  For me, I've always felt the way the women came to feel at the end of their project.  Does it really matter what religion you are?  I've always felt that God does not judge, He loves us all, no matter where we are coming from.  You should love your neighbor as yourself.  This simple yet powerful statement was reminded to me early on in the book.  Do I always to this?  Not always.  I get so wrapped up in the business of life - taking it so seriously.  Wondering why I rarely connect with the friends I used to talk to everyday.  Are they too busy too?  Why haven't I returned a phone call from my best friend in high school yet?  Too busy during the day - too tired at night.  I'll do it tomorrow.  Why haven't I hugged the person who loves me most and let him know how much I appreciate all he does for our family - I"m not sure.  But he should be told this each and every day.  How easy is it to pick up a phone to check on a friend or to reconnect.  how easy is it to tell someone dear you love then.  Doesn't take much time - but the reward is immeasurable!  Why are the simplest things sometimes the most difficult to accomplish?  They get shoved to the bottom of our list - only to do tomorrow.  I'm going to slow down - stop and smell the roses - so to speak - before time passes by and its too late.  The great thing about this wonderful life is its never too late to start something new - try something different.