Thursday, May 29, 2008

Animal Kingdom

The Tree of Life - a man-made tree with animals carved in the trunk.  Really beautiful!  A theater is inside the tree
Everest Roller Coaster!


Jack on the drums in Africa!
Boys at DinoLand

Today we visited the Animal Kingdom - a mellow park in our opinion.  It was a relaxed day of enjoying nature and all it has to offer - Disney style - that is.  We enjoyed the Tree of Life and a 3-D show titled It's Tough To Be a Bug.  Nicholas was totally freaked out with the bugs that appeared to be flying right him.  The rest of us LOVED it.  We then headed for DinoLand where we rode the Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin, and Dinosaur.  After DinoLand we walked to Asia. Jack, Brian,  and I rode Expedition Everest - a thrilling roller coaster with a real life Yetti that tries to reach out a grab you - at least that's what Jack told me as I had my eyes closed the whole way! We all rode the Kali River Rapids - getting soaked and then deciding that we don't really enjoy getting soaked while in our clothes.  But Nicholas loved it so much that he talked Brian into doing it again with him (while Jack and I conquered  Everest!)  We went on safari in Africa on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride.  It was fun seeing all the African animals and since Jack studied Africa in school this year he even taught us a little Swahilli along the way.  We finished off the day with Finding Nemo - The Musical.  A really great show - we all loved it!


One of the highlights of our day was running into Jack's Second Grade Teacher - MRS. C. with her family!  There we all were walking through Asia when we literally bumped into each other. We all screamed, hugged, chatted for a while - it was really great.  

All in all another super fun day.  Tomorrow it's off to Epcot!  But for now - it's off to bed with a good book for this blogger!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

wow... how cool that you saw jack's teacher! they were building the everest ride when we were there for our honeymoon in 1999. sounds like you guys had a lot of fun in animal kingdom... can't wait to see the pictures from epcot tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

First of all...you should be enjoying your vacation not spending your time posting!

Second of all...I am so glad your spending you time posting...how much fun it is to still see you everyday! I hadn't been online since Tuesday, so I had no idea you were going to be doing this. What fun.

Thirdly...did you know Karen was going to be at Disney, too? I had to do a double take when I saw the picture. I thought that was her, but said no...what would she be doing with you on your vacation? Then I kept reading and found out it was her! What fun for Jack to see Mrs. Callahan on his birthday trip of a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Hi Family, Jack I can't believe that you saw your teacher that was cool and make sure your Mom keeps her eyes open on all rides!!!!! Nicholas watch out for those bugs and ride some more rides that you can get wet it will keep you cool today!!!! Have fun at Epot today you will be in a alot of countries today talk to you tonight. Mom and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I feel like I have had a mini virtual vacation! Thanks for all the updates. For the record, I would have kept my eyes closed too on Expedition Everest.

Love,
Aunt Betsy