Well Dad - this one’s for you. Obviously the majority of my thoughts have been about you this week. I’ve gone from being anxious about your surgery, to relieved that all went well, and everything in between. But mostly what I’ve realized (and truly have always known) is what a wonderful person you are. The strong silent type - kind of like me. We often keep things inside. Don’t really ever want to ask for help, let others know what we are thinking or feeling, and are oftentimes misunderstood. So on this day I want you to know that I love you and respect you for all you’ve done for our family through the years. You have been a perfect role model, provider, supporter, DAD. I couldn’t ask for anything more. Here’s to a speedy recovery and years of health and happiness! An Irish toast:
May God grant you always
A sunbeam to warm you
A moonbeam to charm you
A sheltering Angel
So nothing can harm you
Laughter to cheer you
Faithful friends near you
And whenever you pray
Heaven to hear you.
No comments:
Post a Comment