Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Closet


Well I just came from my closet.  My clothes are very upset with me.  In fact they yelled at me!  

    “Susan, you don’t wear us anymore!”

    “I know, I know,”  I replied, “It’s not that I don’t like you anymore, because I do - I really do - its just that you don’t fit.”

    “What do you mean we don’t fit?  We think we look great hanging here.”

    “You do look great on the hanger but unfortunately when I try to slip you over my thigh or arm you just don’t go on anymore.”

    “Susan, you need to start wearing us again.  We want to see what its like on the outside.  We miss the fresh air, the sunshine, but most of all, we miss you.  You can do it this time.  We have confidence in you, we believe in you.”

    “I know - it’s time.  I’ve tried before many times.  But this time I know I need to do it - for me, for my health, for my family.  It’s time!”

No comments: