Monday, January 14, 2008

A date with Jack




We had a date with Jack on Saturday night.  Nicholas had a sleep-over with Uncle Tim and Aunt Robin so we had Jack all to ourselves.  It’s fun to have the time to spend with just one of your children.  It had been a busy day - Jack and Brian were at a church retreat for the majority of the day and I had a class.  When we told him that we wanted to take him out on a date his eyes lit up.  We let him choose where we would eat.  He chose Red Top.  We all shared a cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake and enjoyed some great conversation.  Then it was off to the movies.  We saw National Treasure.  In the middle of the movie Jack looks over at me, smiles, and says, “I love you Mommy.  Thanks for the great date!”  

Ohh, I love this kid!  Thanks to you Jack - Mommy and Daddy had a great date too!

No comments: